function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
leadsiusleadsius 

Error: Unable to create/update fields

Hi,

I'm using Talend OpenStudio for Data Integration to integrate Salesforce and trying to insert a new record in Contacts (just one column to start with, i.e; Name) and getting following Error Message:

Unable to create/update fields: CreatedById, CreatedDate, IsDeleted. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

Please let me know what is going wrong???

hitesh90hitesh90

Hi,

You can not set these fields. these fields are read only.
it will set By default to the id of the user currently using the API.
CreatedDate, LastModifiedDate, and SystemModstamp are filled automatically by salesforce.
IsDeleted Field is not writeable: Contact.IsDeleted.

Important :

Hit Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thanks,

Hitesh Patel

leadsiusleadsius

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...

I'm not setting any of those fields, rather I'm only setting "FirstName", "LastName" and "Email" fields..

leadsiusleadsius

I'm using Sandbox (developer) environment for these API calls which means not a paid customer to Salesforce, could that be a reason to write data?

I've checked the profiles and mine is System Administrator. do I have to do anything with permissions?

Aruna@developerforceAruna@developerforce
Salesforce developer environment does not restrict user. While passing the data itself, need to check, somehow, these read only fields are being passed.
Because, at Salesforce side, System admin is the profile with highest set of permissions.
leadsiusleadsius

I've found the solution.

While doing the INSERT in Talend, you should not load all the fields in the tSalesforceOutput component, specially which are handled automatically!

girish p 6girish p 6
I was using basic authentication from talend and try to populate custom object.I am new to salesforce . can you help me. I am getting below error: 
failed to release the resource in tSalesforceOutput_1 :Unable to create/update fields: IsDeleted. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

Exception in component tSalesforceOutput_1 (etljob)
java.io.IOException: Unable to create/update fields: IsDeleted. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.handleReject(SalesforceWriter.java:532)
    at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.doInsert(SalesforceWriter.java:353)
    at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.insert(SalesforceWriter.java:328)
    at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceWriter.write(SalesforceWriter.java:185)
    at redis.etljob_0_1.etljob.tDBInput_1Process(etljob.java:7000)
    at redis.etljob_0_1.etljob.runJobInTOS(etljob.java:7475)
eyewellseeyewellse
FYI, you can set these fields on import: CreatedById, CreatedDate
YOu need to check the checkbox in setup->User Interface->Settings-> "Enable "Set Audit Fields upon Record Creation" and "Update Records with Inactive Owners" User Permissions"
Then give the import user the perm set.

As for the last comment, about being new to salesforce, and being unable get Talend to work - for some reason you are trying to update the isDeleted field.. which is not writeable. "Unable to create/update fields: IsDeleted. "
Inês MotaInês Mota
Hi, I'm also facing a similar problem. I get the following error message: "Unable to create/update fields: Name. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set."
That name is for the object Account, with Person Accounts enabled. I tried to use FirstName and LastName instead of the Name field but that one is required... I have checked every kind of permission for that field I think and still haven't come to a conclusion.
If anyone can help I'd appreciate it a lot.
Nishant SoniNishant Soni
Hi,
When configuring the field mapping, ensure that you map the necessary fields only.
If you're utilizing tMap to map onto the Salesforce Contact Object, focus on including only the essential fields while leaving out the rest.
Make sure that you will not miss the required Salesforce fields ex. LastName.