function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maros SitkoMaros Sitko 

canvas app

Hi, can you help me?

I can not use canvas app in visualforce page with apex:canvasApp tag. every time I get this error

Visualforce Error

Unable to retrieve installed application by namespace [null] and developer name [myCanvasAppName].

PS: I know that it is dupliate topic to http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/apex-canvasApp-in-Visualforce/td-p/602515 but it is important for me

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Maros SitkoMaros Sitko

Thank you jhurst for heping us. Issue was with case sensitive api name.

For other be carreful!

All Answers

jhurstjhurst

Maros,

It sounds like you have either mistyped the Developer Name of your app, or you have a namespace associated with your org and are not providing it.  You should be able to see your namespace (if set) at Setup | App Setup | Create | Packages.  If you have a namespace, it would be shown there.  If tehre is one, simply add namespacePrefix="" top the apex tag and add your namespace.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Maros SitkoMaros Sitko

Thank you for your replay.

I checked my app name and name in apex tag many times, but it is correct. In my environment I do not have any package so my prefix shoudl be empty.

Now I am wainting for Summer 13 version, there should be corrected canvas tag in visualforce, so I hope that it resolve my issue.

jhurstjhurst

I do not think we changed the canvasApp tag in Summer '13.  If possible, can you log a case with support and provide the username and/or the org ID you are seeing the issue in, along with the VF page code that is erroring out?  You can also grant login access to support through Setup | Personal Information | My Personal Information | Grant Login Access.  Then respond here with the case number and I can look to see what is happening.

Thanks

Jay

Maros SitkoMaros Sitko

Thank you for interesting in it. I open case and allow access to log in for support. case number is 09309565. more detailed information I described in case

Maros SitkoMaros Sitko

Thank you jhurst for heping us. Issue was with case sensitive api name.

For other be carreful!

This was selected as the best answer
Ivaylo BalabanovIvaylo Balabanov
Hello,
If you are using develelopment edition you can create namaspace and use it in the namespacePrefix="name"
it worked for me