function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jharperJrjharperJr 

Issue Reegarding Managed Packages

Hi All,

I have following 3 questions.

1. Is there a way to communicate between two packages which were installed from app exchange as manage packages.

2. What is the way of comminicating between two salesforce orgs.

3. Can we add chatter feeds for a user using apex codes from two different installed manage packages

Thanks in advance

Tejpal KumawatTejpal Kumawat

Hi jharperJr

Is there both packages are for same app?

jharperJrjharperJr

for question 1 and 3, they are in the same org.

Tejpal KumawatTejpal Kumawat

I think there are option for communicate both package by using : 'Push upgrade'

Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran

Hi jHarperJr

As you asking about the communication between two manage package.Yes it  is possible,but the question is which type of communication you want ?

1-Let say if a manage package have a global class with a global static method which take some parameter and return some value accordingly then after installing you manage package on your organization you can access that method and can easily call that method by using that global class name.

Only the global class and the global method are exposed means you can't see the code inside it.But you can call those global method and get there response.I think it will help you and may solve your problem.

2:-You can communicate between two org using webservices.

If you have any question please let me know.

Don't forget to give Kudos if post helped you.

Best Regards

Choudhary Deepak Shyoran

Salesforce Developer

jharperJrjharperJr

Thanks Deepak _Sheoran and  for you replies.

Deepak's answer solved my question up to some extent.

I feel there is no way to communicate between two installed manage packages direclty.

we have to have global classes in both packages and write integration code outside the packages.

And is webservices the only option for comunicating between two orgs ?

if it is the only way it is not different from java - force.com intregation.

Please correct me if im wrong

Deepak Kumar ShyoranDeepak Kumar Shyoran

Hi jHarper Jr,

Yes you must have global classes with global method in your managed package,then after you have access to view the global classes and method and can easily perform whatever you want to do with them.And in my opinion web services is a way to communicate between different way and Salesforce alse provides some native feature to communicate between different org i hope this link will help you a little bit http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Implementing_Single_Sign-On_Across_Multiple_Organizations .

Don't forget to give Kudos if this post helped you.

Mark my answer as a solution to your question if it solve your problem.

Best Regards

Choudhary Deepak Shyoran

Salesforce Developer

nraghavannraghavan
Salesforce to Salesforce is another option for sharing data between orgs. It's an out of the box alternative to building your own web services.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/An_Introduction_to_Salesforce_to_Salesforce