function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
studzeystudzey 

Salesforce Flow Question

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to figure something out.

I created a flow form or process with the flow desktop designer, and posted it on a new Salesforce site. So therefore , my flow is now pubicly available and allows for people to register and pay for events through my flow application

My question is the following: 

Can i change the layout of the question forms? I.e., can i change the background color, change the distances between input fields, change the font of the questions? If possible, then how do I do it?

This is extremely important and I have to get this solved.....

Thanks a mil

Stadler

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

I just confirmed in my sandbox that this will indeed work. As I said, it's brittle and buyer beware. But this worked for example to change the color of the background on some text:

<apex:page controller="FlowController">
<STYLE type="text/css">
   .interviewDisplayTextRow {background-color:#00FFFF;}
 </STYLE>
 <flow:interview name="FLOW_FILE" interview="{!myflow}" rerender="wholePage">
                <apex:param name="accountNumber" value="{!inputNumber}"/>
 </flow:interview>

</apex:page>

All Answers

GomerGomer

You can have multiple versions of the same flow, but only one can be active at a time.

If you need to upload both a flow and its sub flow, upload the sub flow first, then the main flow.

You can continue to upload new versions of a flow even if it has an active version.

To upload a new flow file, go to Setup | Create | Workflow Approvals | Flows

Click upload, select the right flow, click upload again, click save.

Salesforce validates flows upon upload, and may give you warnings or errors. If you have flows in Salesforce that were created/uploaded in previous releases, their format may not be compatible with the current release.

To ensure that all your flows are up-to-date and will run properly, download the latest version of the Flow Designer from the list page, open the original files, clean up their contents based on any errors you get, then save them and re-upload.

To use the updated flow, deactivate the current flow and activate the newly uploaded version.

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

As for changing the Flow look and feel, I don't think there is anyting above the basic font size, color, etc in the Cloud Designer / Flow Designer tools.You can load a Flow into a Visualforce Page using <apex:interview> tag which may allow you to use CSS and Javascript to override the look and feel, but this would be dangerous as the CSS may change anytime per Salesforce. This would definetly be a hack and I wouldn't recommend it UNLESS you absolutely need this and there is no way around it.

You may be able to use some CSS and Javascript to modify the Look and Feel beyond the out of the box look and feel of the Flow. Throw in your own custom CSS as a Static Resource, load the CSS into your Visualforce Page, and load the Flow into the Visualforce Page. Take a look at the rendered HTML, take a look at the CSS classes the Flow is using after its rendered, and see if you can override, modify as necessary.

Again, this is a hack that may work, but Salesforce could change the structure at anytime so buyer beware! Hopefully they will come out with CSS styling functionality in the Flow tool in the near future.

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

One quick correction, it is the <flow:interview> tag to load a Flow into a VF Page.

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

I just confirmed in my sandbox that this will indeed work. As I said, it's brittle and buyer beware. But this worked for example to change the color of the background on some text:

<apex:page controller="FlowController">
<STYLE type="text/css">
   .interviewDisplayTextRow {background-color:#00FFFF;}
 </STYLE>
 <flow:interview name="FLOW_FILE" interview="{!myflow}" rerender="wholePage">
                <apex:param name="accountNumber" value="{!inputNumber}"/>
 </flow:interview>

</apex:page>

This was selected as the best answer
studzeystudzey

Hi Cory,

Thank you so much for all your efforts...much appreciated. 

I will have a stab at it, and then come back to you. If I can just change the background color to be completely white I would be happy (for a start) ....

When you talk about the near future (SF coming out with functionality to change the look and feel of flow) --- when do you think will that be?

Thanks 

Stadler

CharlieSCharlieS

Thanks for the idea

Did you manage to find any other elements that you could set the style for ?

I've tried a changing few other elements (pbBody, etc.) , but none of the ones I have tried seem to work.

Ideally I would like to set the background for the whole interview.

Keerthana SrideviKeerthana Sridevi
I'm trying to do Data and actions in flow. I'm struck in Communicate Using the Action Element. what to do?