function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lemondashlemondash 

Sandbox and Fresh SF.org

Afternoon all,

Hope you can help me with ongoing issue that I have.

Am currently working with a company that has a SF.org and all of the objects are install in a package.  At the moment that SF.org is being used and will be for a while.

In the mean time a new SF.org is going to be developed, one of the things I have noticed is when I create a sandbox it contains the currently live SF.org which is fine, but when I go to uninstall the package it complains that certain components are in use or in use by another objects. 

Is there any way to create a sandbox from fresh so I can start the development from fresh?

Or do I have to manually delete these?

Also will I have the same problem when I uninstall the package from the live SF.org?

Thanks Lee

kevoharakevohara

I would suggest setting up a new Developer Edition org and migrating any metadata that you need into that org.  You can then deploy to your other org using the IDE or ANT migration tool, or packaging.  You will lose the ability to use change sets though.

I am curious, why do you need to uninstall this package before developing?  The idea of the Sandbox is that its a representation of your production org.

lemondashlemondash

Thank you, Kevin for replying to me.

At the moment we have a SF solution that was developed by a third party company and all their work is in a package and installed in our production environment.

Because the SF solution is in a package nothing can be amend or change.

As it stands at the moment the production environment is currently being used but not to its full potential, for a number of reasons we are going to phase that whole solution out.

So I’m starting on developing a new SF solution, I did start trying to use one of the sandbox’s but that just contains my current SF solution, so at the moment I’m half way through trying to removing anything which is taking quite some time, hence why i was looking for a fresh SF.org

I would use a completing new development org but I was told by a SalesForce support that you can’t upload that to your production org.  The only way I can upload to my production org is from my sandbox.

Was also told by SalesForce support that creates a sandbox will always have your production org in it.

Hope this helps.