function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ClaiborneClaiborne 

Limiting Report Folder Access on Installed Packages

We have recently enabled Partner Portal access. We wanted to limit the reports that the Partners can access.

We thought we were doing this by enabling access levels for sharing report and dashboard folders. When I change access on Report folders on folders we have created, the access does change to reflect the changes. Querying the Folder object shows the new access definitions.

But this does not work for report folders created by installed packages. Although the changes can be made, the changes do no impact the access, and the the Access in the Folder records never changes from Public.

There is some mention in the documentation about setting folder access prior to installing the package, but installation occurred years before we implemented partners. There is no way to uninstall/reinstall the packages, because if would involve literally millions of records.

Any ideas ? Anyone ?

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi David, 

Have you observed the behavior with all the  packages available or just one App, in that case try contacting the App manufacturer - as they might have a handy solution. 

Try replicate the report or report type in a different new folder and test the visibility for the report by a partner portal user.

Regards,

Ashish

ClaiborneClaiborne

I filed a case with SF Support. I was told that the report folder access rights are set in the AppExchange package, and they cannot be changed.

The only work-around provided was to move the reports out of the "managed" folder into a folder I create. Then I can limit the access. But this causes problems with package upgrades looking for report folders that are empty or deleted.

In general, not a very good implementation.

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Claiborne, 

Thats appears to be right as the access to the reports is governed by the package, try contacting the App manufacturer as they would consider the feedback and try to impovoe the design. 

Regards,

Ashish