function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PNunesPNunes 

Problem with APEX Data Loader 28.0.2

Hi,

I am attempting to load contacts data in SF and am i getting the following issue from data loader:

CSV Error: Invalid CSV file format. Please select a different file.
com.sforce.async.CSVReader$CSVParseException: Not expecting more text after end quote.

What does that mean exactly?

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
GunishGunish

Hello, 

I usually use a program called Notepad++, and enable special characters in the menu, to see any hidden special characters which might have been added to the file. I will be able to help you inspect the file if you PM me. 

Regards,

Gunish Rai Chawla

Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

Please ckeck if there is any special character in any number field like ' or ; , also check if the CSV file's first two characters are in uppercase letters "I" and "D". If yes change it to "id" from ID.

PNunesPNunes

I did not find anything related to it:

(ckeck if there is any special character in any number field like ' or ;)

The first two letters are "C" and "O"

Thanks,

GunishGunish

Hello, 

I usually use a program called Notepad++, and enable special characters in the menu, to see any hidden special characters which might have been added to the file. I will be able to help you inspect the file if you PM me. 

Regards,

Gunish Rai Chawla

Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.

This was selected as the best answer
PNunesPNunes
Thanks Gunish, you solved my issue.

[ ]'s
ThiagoThiago
Hi,

I had the same problem but not solved. Can u help me?
Brian Johnson 16Brian Johnson 16
Posting in case someone else finds this the same way I did.

I had this same issue.  I narrowed it down to a record with " in the value.  ex: ,"My "Special" Record",

charles vieillardcharles vieillard
Hi Gunish,  It is an old thread but I'd like to send a PM to explain my problem, I tried several solutions but something is still causing problem.
rgds