function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HarpurHarpur 

sControl support ends in 2010-Convert to Visual Force Now

It’s hard to believe that is already April 2009 and 2010 is right around the corner. salesforce.com has indicated that support for new sControls will cease in early 2010. Don’t get behind the 8 ball; contact Success Objects to see what it will take to convert your sControls over to Visualforce/Apex.

Who is Success Objects? We create plugin applications for salesforce.com and custom development services. Success Objects consists of a team of reliable and knowledgeable professionals with several years of collective salesforce.com experience. We are committed to exemplary service at very reasonable rates.

Please visit our website www.successobjects.com for an overview of the products and services we offer.

Please contact me.

patty.parsons@successobjects.com

Message Edited by Harpur on 04-14-2009 04:02 AM
Message Edited by Harpur on 04-15-2009 03:29 AM
SteveBowerSteveBower

Salesforce has not indicated that support for S-Controls will cease.  They have stated that sometime after January 2010 they will remove the capability to create and distribute new s-controls.   That's not the same as desupporting the old ones, or the Ajax toolkit, etc.

Also, I thought this was a *jobs posting* board, not a *work trolling* board?

HarpurHarpur

You are correct regarding the support on exisiting sControls. This post is in response to many of our clients who have opted to change over their sControls into the Visual Force environment. This is simply an option for anyone who may have that process in mind going forward.

In response to trolling for jobs. There seems to be an even ratio of companies looking for help to Consultants/Developers posting their services. My intent is to just let the public know that sControls may be an issue in the future, and we can offer an alternative solution.

I do appreciate your feedback.

Patty