function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SCJSCJ 

Possible to log in with Customer Portal credentials va Office Toolkit?

Hi all,

From what I can tell, the difference between and organization user login and a customer portal login via the API is ...

- The organization user must have a security token appended to the password value

- The customer portal user needs to supply organizationID and portalID values in the LoginScopeHeader

I cannot determine any way to supply those header values using the Office Toolkit library though, so is it simply not possible to log in as a customer portal user via the Office Toolkit?

As an experiment, I did try using the SetSoapHeader function to set those headers, but the login was not successful.  I tried it using "LoginScopeHeader" as the section argument and also using "LoginScope" as the section argument.

If the Office Toolkit can't do this job, then does anyone have a recommendation regarding the easiest alternative means of accessing the WS API from VBA and legacy VB6 code?

Thanks,

- Steve J.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SCJSCJ

FYI, I was able to get PocketSOAP to work.  So far, I can't get it to build me a request for the login that quite works, but I was able to build my own as a string by adapting someone's example of the XML for a Partner portal login, and PocketSOAP was able to submit the request, and parse the response -- which was for a successful login as a Customer Portal user.

I'm sure I can get PocketSOAP to build me a correct request too.  I'll just have to fiddle with it a little more.  Oh, and the WSDL Wizard (which hasn't been updated since 2004) doesn't work because it truncates the class file names to 23 characters, and some of those names end up clashing.  I seem to be making do well enough without the wizard

I looked into other options such as building a COM wrapper in .NET or using an MS Office Web Services Toolkit, but those would me more problematic to deploy.

All Answers

foghornfoghorn

No, it's not possible with the current toolkit to set a multi part header like LoginScopeHeader.

I've never done it myself, but something like this might help you out:

http://www.vbrad.com/article.aspx?id=46

SCJSCJ

Thanks for that link.

I think trying to deploy .NET components with our VB6 and Access apps is going to be way too hard to support though.  I'm trying to see if I can do it using the PocketSOAP DLL now, so wish me luck.

I don't suppose anyone has a link to sample code for connecting to SForce using PocketSOAP?

SCJSCJ

FYI, I was able to get PocketSOAP to work.  So far, I can't get it to build me a request for the login that quite works, but I was able to build my own as a string by adapting someone's example of the XML for a Partner portal login, and PocketSOAP was able to submit the request, and parse the response -- which was for a successful login as a Customer Portal user.

I'm sure I can get PocketSOAP to build me a correct request too.  I'll just have to fiddle with it a little more.  Oh, and the WSDL Wizard (which hasn't been updated since 2004) doesn't work because it truncates the class file names to 23 characters, and some of those names end up clashing.  I seem to be making do well enough without the wizard

I looked into other options such as building a COM wrapper in .NET or using an MS Office Web Services Toolkit, but those would me more problematic to deploy.

This was selected as the best answer
lucille mcmahanlucille mcmahan
This is what I was looking for as I was working on a project that was related to fashion and I got stuck into similar issue but thankfully this help me resolve my issue black winter jacket (https://www.justamericanjackets.com/category/winter-sale/)