function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ncnc 

Asp.net WebToLead Integration

I am completley new to Salesforce and I was given a snippet of html to integrate Salesforce into our existing website.  Our website however, is an ASP.net web CMS, hence I am unable to use the snippet due to multiple <form> tags.  What is the most advisable way to integrate Salesforce into a .Net application?   

Thanks,

Neil

kzmpkzmp

Hi,

The HTML you were given I guess is automatically created by the SalesForce's Web-To-Lead functionality.

SF uses an MVC technology and thus relies upon a convention naming in the fields which it receives as POST data.

Several ways to approach this problem come to my mind:

1. Use the form as is. Style it and do validation in JavaScript and all will work.

2. Make your own form do whatever you like but just do a post from your ASP.Net application passing  as post data the data it expects. To find out the data it expects see what gets posted from the original snipped of HTML.

3. Do direct integration and do not use web-to-lead. SF exposes webservices so you can use those to directly write your leads or manipulate SF data. There is a lot of good examples if you search for ASP.Net API and it is very easy indeed.

Regards,

Kzmp