function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eduardo StfEduardo Stf 

API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG: API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner

I'm using a developer edition and when I try to conect using wsdl the error above appers

Why?
Thank you for your help.

My OwnMy Own

Go To Setup then  Profiles and then   System Admin Profile, now  check for this. "API Enabled"

IF API is enabled you will not get any errors like this. 

_Prasu__Prasu_

I guess you have different type of Salesforce Org which doesnt have API enabled by default.  Are you using Partner edition or Professional edition? You can try contacting Salesforce support and ask them if they can activate that for you.

GHDGHD

Yesterday, it appears that my API was enabled, but today its not.  I am wondering if there was some sort of update that occurred. 

But, I'm wondering if the path to get to the API enablement has been changed.  Your comment stated 

Go To Setup then  Profiles and then   System Admin Profile, now  check for this. "API Enabled"

IF API is enabled you will not get any errors like this. 

However, when I click "setup", there is not "profiles" section.  I poked around and I can't find the System Admin Profile, anywhere.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kristen

SuperfellSuperfell

Sounds like you have professional edition, and not developer edition. when you log in via the UI what the page title the edition is ?

GHDGHD

Yes, I do have the professional edition.  I posted to this thread because the error message was the same.  

Do you know how I access the system admin to enable the API within the professional edition.  Literally, yesterday, it was enabled.  Not sure why it would have changed.  We haven't changed anything from our end.

Thanks for your response.

SuperfellSuperfell

API is not included by default for Prof Edition, did you buy an add-on to get API access?

Andriy BAndriy B
I have same error with Personal Edition accounts :(

Have you any steps to solve it?
How add my android application to partners?

Thanks