function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StephenDavidsonStephenDavidson 

Modifying Knowledge

Is it possible to modify the existing pages/tabs -- source code -- of the knowledge application?  I believe the changes that I would like to make will require development work and I wonder if what I am wanting to do will be possible and how to go about getting started. 

For example, I would like to include a checkbox under categories to modify the filter to return documents for the specific category selected, rather than returning all parent and child documents, which is the default behaviour.  I would like for users doing searches to be able to select/de-select based on their needs.

Is this possible with a simple tweak to the existing application?  Or is knowledge not modifiable in this way?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
IspitaIspita

Hi Stephen,

In salesforce aaplications built on the platform are distributed or provided to users in 2 forms:-

• Managed - if the application you are using is managed one you wont be able to change anything.
  • Unmanaged - if the application you are using is an unmanaged one, you can pretty much change anything in it

Also in case the page/ component you are trying to modify if its a native or standard salesforce component then modifying it is not possible.

Hope this helps....

All Answers

IspitaIspita

Hi Stephen,

In salesforce aaplications built on the platform are distributed or provided to users in 2 forms:-

• Managed - if the application you are using is managed one you wont be able to change anything.
  • Unmanaged - if the application you are using is an unmanaged one, you can pretty much change anything in it

Also in case the page/ component you are trying to modify if its a native or standard salesforce component then modifying it is not possible.

Hope this helps....

This was selected as the best answer
StephenDavidsonStephenDavidson

Thanks.  Appreciate the answer. 

IspitaIspita

anytime ... :)