function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lemuellemuel 

Voting on Solution in Customer Portal not being recorded

Our company has recently upgraded from Professional to Enterprise Edition.

I'm testing the Customer Portal in a Developer Edition Account, and was looking at the reporting of the voting on items in the Solutions system.

If I access a Solution through the Self Service Portal and vote on the 

Does this Solution help you answer your question? Yes No

question, the answer is recorded as I expected and I can see the count increasing in the supplied Self Service Report, which gives the "# Self-Service Access Count", "#Self-Service Answer Count" and "# Self-Service Positive Count" statistics.

If I view a Solution through the Customer Portal and vote on a Solution, the report shows the

e "# Self-Service Access Count" as increasing but not the vote counts.

So where should I look for the Solution vote stats from the Customer Portal?

IspitaIspita

I think this is the business model which is controlling how the reports show the information. I beleive the customer Portal as an interface which is exposed to end user and hence there the voter count is not displayed to avoid bias and prejuide in voting . In case you wish to se the actual vote counts you have to login via salesforce org rather than as a customer portal user.

Hope this helps....

lemuellemuel

Thanks, but maybe I didn't put it the right way.  I don't want vote counts to be visible in the Customer Portal.  

The problem is that votes in the Customer Portal aren't being counted - only votes made through the Self Service Portal are reported in Salesforce when I log in via my Salesforce org and run the reports.  (Are Customer Portal votes different from SSP votes?  Should I be looking somewhere else to see them?)