function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlWiedsAlWieds 

Apex course DEV 531

Does anybody know if the DEV 531 course will be available for free anytime soon? I'm new to programming and tried learning from the DEV 501 course through iTunes but was too confusing. I'm not looking for certification, just need to learn asap for job opportunity.

Prafull G.Prafull G.

I suggest to take 401 study before going for 501.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

401 is required before you go for 501.

Thanks
Ankit Arora

AlWiedsAlWieds

Yes, I know this. It's the 531 course that helps bridge the 401 & 501 that I need to take but it seems to have very limited classes at far away locations and still not sure why they feel the need to charge so much for the course. 401 and 501 are both offered for free on iTunes, just wondering if anybody knows if they plan on doing the same for the 531 course.

AlWiedsAlWieds

Yes, I know this. Already have taken the 401.  It's the 531 course that helps bridge the 401 & 501 that I need to take but it seems to have very limited classes at far away locations and still not sure why they feel the need to charge so much for the course. 401 and 501 are both offered for free on iTunes, just wondering if anybody knows if they plan on doing the same for the 531 course.

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

I could find only that , In dev 531 Basic questions on Classes, Triggers and Syntax are asked so don't go very deep but read apex lang ref and page developer for classes, page and triggers

DonRobinsDonRobins

The DEV531 course is for developers who have little or no knowledge of Object Oriented Programming (OOP), but who are already proficient in the declarative programming model of Force.com.  The Apex language which is the foundation of custom coding in the Force.com platform is a true OOP language, and without a grounding in OOP principals, will be very challenging to master.  The DEV501 course targets an audience of developers already familiar with DEV401 declarative programming and who are already proficient OOP developers.  The podcasts available on the ITunes store were produced in 2009, and while they do cover much of the content of 401 and 501 that is still current, they are outdated as they do not cover features released in the last two years, nor do they include the hands on exercises which are a critical portion of both week long classes. I would not expect any additional podcasts to appear; you should contact Salesforce.com to find out when their DEV531 classes will be given and in what territories.