function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajesh PunabakaRajesh Punabaka 

Inbound email handler

HI, I created Inbound email handler email service, after saving it generates email id which is in

very long format, is there any way to configure that email id to short form.

Help me in this, thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
The email administrator for the domain on which the alias is created, or the user that manages the email address to forward, is responsible for creating the forwarding address. For example, in Gmail, a user can go to Settings / Forwarding and specify that emails that meet certain criteria are forwarded to salesforce.com.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
The system uses that auto-generated ID to determine which organization/handler to divert to. You can't change this, but what most organizations do is to set up an alias on their mail exchange (e.g. support@contoso.com) or a distribution list. If you're using a web-based email as the endpoint, you should be able to forward messages sent to it to the longer address.
Rajesh PunabakaRajesh Punabaka

HI Thanks a lot,

I satisfied wity your answer,  can you tell me who is responsible for 

to configure that larger email address in to alias form.

Thanks in advance.........!

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
The email administrator for the domain on which the alias is created, or the user that manages the email address to forward, is responsible for creating the forwarding address. For example, in Gmail, a user can go to Settings / Forwarding and specify that emails that meet certain criteria are forwarded to salesforce.com.
This was selected as the best answer