function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OrdosOrdos 

Salesforce to Salesforce field mapping works only one way

Hi,

I have encountered a strange issue. According to Salesforce official documentation with regards to restoring lookups on the target Salesforce organization once a record is shared I have the following setup:

Organization A

-------------------------------------

Object X 

Lookup field 1

Formula field (Text), equal to the ID of the lookup record in Lookup field 1

Partner lookup ID (Text, length 100)

Organization B

-------------------------------------

Object X 

Lookup field 1

Formula field (Text), equal to the ID of the lookup record in Lookup field 1

Partner lookup ID (Text, length 100)

The way the S2S subscribe / publish is setup is that Formula field from Org A is published into the Partner lookup ID text field on Org B and vice version. The reason for this is that lookup fields cannot be published / subscribed to via S2S. So a set of triggers use these auxilliary fields to derive the lookup value on the target organization. Now here is the strange behaviour:

When I forward a record from Org A to Org B the Partner lookup ID is correctly populated on Org B AND the proper lookup is set for the record on organization B, e.g. the trigger works fine, but on Org A the Partner lookup ID field is empty, although the formula field on Org B is populated. On receiving organization any changes are reflected immediately, but not the formula to text mapping from receiving organization to the source organization. When lookup is updated directly on Org B, it is immediatelly picked up by the formula field and only then it is reflected on Org A in the Partner lookup ID text field.

Let me know if you have an idea of what may be causing this. What I have tried:

1. Waited 15 minutes for the cache to refresh to reflect changes on the mapped field (according to SF documentation)

2. Tried sharing from Org A to Org B and vice versa, behaviour is one way, e.g. everything works when updates are done on the source org (, but changes to lookup ID are not reflected when done on target org (receiving org).

3. Remapped the fields

Thanks ahead