function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John StamersJohn Stamers 

Force.com Developer Workbook Exercise 110 Step 3

Hey All,

I'm following the steps laid out in the force.com developer workbook but have hit a snag. I've created the merchandise report as instructed but now the workbook is asking me to pull fields from the "Line Item" folder. This folder is not available in my fields view.

I've gone back and double checked the lookup relationship created in the earlier stages and everything appears correct. Am I missing something here? I would assume to have access to these fields I'd need to create something like a "Merchandise & Line Items" report but 1) that's not an option and 2) the workbook clearly says this is done through a merchandise report.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi John, 

It will be quite difficult for us to assume and asnwer thsi question, can you share the link of the workbook and the steps page so that board members can go through and understand the situation. 

Regards,

Ashish

John StamersJohn Stamers

Hi Asish,

Here is the link to the workbook I am using: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/workbook/forcecom_workbook.pdf

The section I am struggling with starts on page 34, step 3: Get more information out of your report. I have followed all of the instructions up to this point but I seem to be missing the "line items" folder from the fields options when creating a report.

The report is supposed to be running off of my Merchandise custom object but the instructions are also asking it to pull from the LIne Items custom object which I do not have as an option to add to the report. At first I thought this was caused by a mistake when defining the lookup relationship but I've deleted the work and gone back and recreated the relationship and it is still not working.

Thanks for your help with this!

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi John, 

Not in complete control of the situation here but I believe the Fields should appear in the Customize report page where you can type the names of the fields on theleft pane and drag them over to your report. 

Also, go to pg#20 where it explains the schema of the two objects. and verfify if everything is in alignment. 

Go to the Line Item Custom Object and Verify if the Field "Unit Price" is available. 

Or 3rd option would be Go to the reports tab | create a Line item report and try. 

Regards,

Ashish