function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sainath.pinnintisainath.pinninti 

Can we get the previous name of a renamed role/profile

Hello,

Anybody please let me know can we get the previous name of a renamed role/profile? In audit trails i can only able to get the modified user, modified time and new name only. But I am unable to find the old name.

Thanks in advance.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Sainath, I tried the same and am able to see the old profile name in the Audit trail:

Audit trail entry

10/29/2013 11:47:02 AM ISTXXXXXX

Changed profile sa2 changed name: Profile name was changed from sa2

New name: sa2 changed name

Old name : sa2

Please check the audit trail and let me know if you still face any issues

sainath.pinnintisainath.pinninti

Thnak You Sonam Raju for the quick reply. Yes, for profile we are getting the audit trail as   "previous-name changd to new-name". But for roles it's showing like "Changed role new-name". Old name is not visible in audit logs. Please let me know is there any other way to get the detailed logs.

Thank you.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

hi Sai,

Yes, the old role name is not displayed in the audit trial - to know the cause of that behavior I;ve reached out to the team here.

In the mean time, you might still be able to get the old role name in case  you missed updating the reports with new role which capture Roles:

Read the following to know how:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=What-happens-to-reports-if-I-change-the-name-of-the-role-in-the-role-hierarchy-1327366288792&language=en_US