function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OTOT 

Backups

Hi,

Is there a way to automatically request an export of all of my company data using a .Net application? Currently you have to log onto the site and click on the request for an export, and then wait for an email and then click on the link to download the information. It would be great if we could run an application that does the first part for us and then we would just have to wait for the email to download the info.

Just looking for a way to automate this process, any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi OT,

Sorry to say, that is not possible via the API.  I believe you can set up through customer support scheduled extracts though.

OTOT

Really? They told me that they could not schedule extracts for me, that I would have to go into the site and request an extract every week if that's what I wanted. Do you know how I can get a scheduled extract?

Thanks!

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi OT,

I stand corrected.  Below is from the online help in salesforce.com:

Your organization can sign up to receive weekly backup files of your data. You can export all of your organization's data into a set of comma-separated values files. To sign up for the Weekly Export Service, contact salesforce.com. The service is included with Enterprise Edition, and available for an additional cost with Professional Edition.

If your organization has the weekly data export, you can generate backup files once every six days. Choose Setup | Data Management | Data Export. Salesforce.com creates CSV files of your data, zips them into one archive, and emails you when the file is ready. You can follow the link in the email or use the Data Export link to download a zip file of your backup data. You have 48 hours to download the zip file from this page, after which time it will be deleted.

Cheers

Message Edited by DevAngel on 01-07-2004 01:58 PM

Ryan N.Ryan N.

OT,
With Data Junction you may create a series of Conversion Maps that coupled with the Process Designer and the Data Junction engine could be used to automate a periodic download of all of your organizations data.  Of course, through sforce you could roll your own.

Cheers.

--Ryan N.

GlennWGlennW

You are more than welcome to use me MassEffect tool (still in beta but working).  Instead of importing or updating data just right click on any of the salesforce objects in the tree view and export the contents to a CSV file.  The tool (a .NET application) will the export all selectable fields for that object to a CSV.

Here are some of the tables you can export: User, Role, Account, Contact, Case, Lead, Task, etc

You can get the setup from: http://dev.quotegen.com/fm/sft_setup.zip and you'll also need to make sure that the .net framework is installed and MDAC (www.microsoft.com/data) is also installed.

To authorize the application just put your login name in the URL below and it will give authorize you:

http://ust.quotegen.com/sft_trial.cfm?sflogin=sflogin@company.com

Cheers;

GlennW