function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RoyRoy 

Task Email Notification

Hello,

I saw in the message board that Email Notification for Task Creation is NOT available in the API as of 10/1/2003?

I was wondering if this is still true?  If so, is there an anticipated date for this enhancment?

I am using Visual Studio .Net 2002 & SF 2.5 Enterprise API

Thanks
Roy

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Roy,

In talking to Mike and understanding your proposed solution, you should setup a Workflow Rule for tasks.  When the status of the task is changed to the status you are interested in, I think reviewed or some such, the rule will fire.  In addition to the rule, you should setup a Workflow alert to associate with the Workflow Rule.  In the alert you can specify Owner as the recipient, this would be the record owner, and assign an email template.  The net effect is the rule is triggerd and the alert is sent.

There is no api access to workflow at this time, but you probably don't need it.

Cheers

HermanHerman

Dave,

When creating a workflow rule against a Task, it is not possible to set an alert as you suggested, you can only associate workflow tasks with the rule.  If I create a workflow rule against another object (e.g. Account) it is possible to associate alerts.

Is this a change in the functionality since you posted this message?

Herman

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Herman,

No this is not a change.  It was my mistake.  You are correct, Workflow Alerts cannot be associated with a Task Workflow Rule.