function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GrahamGraham 

Basic questions

Just getting started on working with sforce and .NET. Anyways, I have two quick question.

Basically, I will have an aspx page that will query salesforce.com through sforce. First, this aspx page will only get passed an Opportunity ID, do I have to give the server its own login so it can query sforce?

Second (please excuse my naivete), I have all the VB .NET samples, how do I use these on an aspx page?

Thanks much!
Graham
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Graham,

For your first question, you will not need to do a login, but you will need to have a valid session id.  If you are using a web integration link, pass the session id the same way you are passing the Opportunity ID.  If you are not using a will, then you will need to do a login.  How this is accomplished depends on the context of the app you are writing (does the user provide credentials or do you use a "master" login).

The second issue has several options.  You could write a class that contains your sforce functionality and reference the class from your code behind.  You can reference the web reference directly from your code behind.  You can reference the web reference or a class that wraps your data access and access it directly from the aspx page in class asp style.  It is up to you.