function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pawan AglPawan Agl 

Case Assignment

Hi

i am using partner wsdl 3.0 and i am getting one problem while making case with assignment rule. so please tell me how to insert default assignment by using partner wsdl.

thank you

Gagan.ax66Gagan.ax66

Hi Dev,

I am using Sforce APi 3.0 partners, and i dont see any documention or examples for that.

Are these available or in process, Being a partner of the salesforce  i am bound to make solutions in partners API 3.0.

I hope you can understand position of me and my team, and provide some remady ASAP.

Regards,
Gagan

Message Edited by Gagan on 04-23-2004 01:21 AM

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Gagan,

The documentation contains both partner and enterprise infomation as well as soap message samples.  In addition, there is a full set of sample code for the partner implementation as well as the enterprise.

Cheers

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi John B,

Although we don't have a sample ginned up for assignment, the functionality is supported by the wsdl.  The way that we implement this is via a soap header called SaveOptions.  You should see this in the wsdl, and in the generated proxy code.  You will use this header in a similar fashion as you do the SessionHeader header.

So, if your proxy variable is called binding, you use binding.SessionHeaderValue = new sforce.SessionHeader() to initialize this header.  For the save options, it would be binding.SaveOptionsValue = new sforce.SaveOptions() where sforce is the name of the web reference namespace.

You can then set the properties of the save options header by binding.SaveOptionsValue.assignmentRuleId = "" and then binding.SaveOptionsValue.autoAssign = true.

The asignmentRuleId is the id value of the assignment rule and must be obtained from the ui.  The attached image shows where to obtain the id.  You basically click on an assignment rule and grab the ID from the address field of your browser.  It is the id at the right of the url in the address.

Cheers

Message Edited by DevAngel on 04-26-2004 10:50 AM

Pawan AglPawan Agl

Hi Dave

Thank you so much for the helping me out.

but i am getting one problem while assigning the case. if i am passing the CaseAsignmentRuleID then it's working fine. but if i want to use default active case assignment rule and i am passing "", then it's not working and i am unable to get email notification. so please help me out from this problem.

thanx & regards

pawan

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Pawan Agi,

You need to pass the assignment rule id.  This is a weakness in the implementation, but it is the only way to do it at this time.

Pawan AglPawan Agl

Hi Dev

Thanx for your reply.

Is it neccessary that this assignment rule id shall be active ?

What happens if i pass the assignment id of an inactive rule?

Please respond

Thanx and Regards

pawan agarwal