function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SivaDevakiSivaDevaki 

Need to migrate Giftworks to Salesforce

I have a need to migrate Giftworks to Salesforce. If you have done this before please contact me at siva.devaki@mansasys.com

Remember, key thing here is to export 'Notes' from Giftworks.

Regards,

Siva Devaki

650 248 7958

Mansa Systems

http://www.mansasys.com/salesforce

tanner_shamrocktanner_shamrock
I can perform this for you.  Contact me at tanner@shamrockcrm.com and visit http://www.shamrockcrm.com . 
jpostmajpostma

If I may ask, why are you migrating to Salesforce from Giftworks? I have been having a discussion between myself and a campaign leader about which is best. I would love to have input from people leaving Giftworks.

Jon

sbangasbanga

Hi Jon,

We have performed Giftworks migration. Giftworks does not allow for much flexibility when it comes to injecting "processes" the way they should be in a CRM tool. Leads, campaigns, donors, and contacts can be more effectively managed in Salesforce.

Salesforce does a much better job of building and managing relationships between contacts, organizations and donations. Also, Salesforce is scalable - it can grow with your organizations to accomodate other processes such as expense management, HR etc.. In addition, it allows for a relatively simple integration with other enterprise systems such as Quickbooks, Paypal etc.

Another major plus Salesforce has is - accessibility. Giftworks is just now coming out with some sort of remote administration capability but its no where close to Salesforce.

Giftworks may be a good solution for some organizations right out-of-the-box, specially if you dont have the budget to customize Salesforce. But if your organization is growing, and you are looking for a long term solution, I would take a serious look at Salesforce. Also remember if your organization is a 501 C3, you may be able to get license donation from Salesforce.

Check out www.salesforcefoundation.org for further details. Feel free to email or call me if you have any questions.

Sandeep Banga

sandeepb"at"acutedge.com

Acutedge

484-442-1093

Message Edited by sbanga on 07-17-2009 09:14 PM