function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SB1506SB1506 

Connect Salesforce using fsocket.

Hi,

I have downloaded the PHPClient its working perfectly. No issues about it. But my client for whom I am developing an interface through which he will connect Salesforce and import data, doesn't want to install PEAR:SOAP module on his server as he has some issues regarding updating the server....

So only option left to me is connect Salesforce using fsocket. The deadline to complete the task is almost over. Please let me know if it is possible also an example would be a great help.

Thanks,
SB1506.

Message Edited by SB1506 on 08-04-2005 04:47 AM

Boulder MikeBoulder Mike
How about going with PHP5's built-in SOAP tools? I'm using PHP 5.0.4 and no PEAR SOAP or PHPClient necessary.
ClaiborneClaiborne

I have been doing some work with  Nusoap, a soap  implementation that does not require PEAR nor does it require PHP 5.0. Nusoap is a single php file (nusoap.php) that you just link via an include reference. Scott Nichols is handling the development and maintenance of Nusoap. You can download the current version from SourceForge.

I have modified the original SalesforceClient.php and the WebServicesClient.php so that they now work with Nusoap.

I have had to make one change to the "public" nusoap to get it to work with the "concrete" data types required for updating and creating. I want to see if I can put this customization into WebServicesClient.php so that you can use the regular nusoap implementation.

I am working with the sforce community to post my new version,  but it will be a couple of weeks. If you want to try what I have now, send me an email - claiborne at claico dot com. Also, I will have limited Internet access from August 7 to August 16, so ask quickly.