function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
earl_icearl_ic 

WSDL and PHP environment

I have installed PHP 5.0.4 and all the required PEAR and SOAP libraries, etc.

The PHP samples work fine.

My question is what do i do with the WSDL file I was asked to create during the setup if I am not programming in an environment like .NET, Apache or Java. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance.

adamgadamg
The toolkit implements the partner WSDL for you, which means you don't need to download the WSDL or generate proxies based on the WSDL as you would for Java or .NET.
earl_icearl_ic

If the toolkit implements the WSDL file, where does it do it? And what will I need to do if I want to code a php page for my companies website that uses the SForce API?

Boulder MikeBoulder Mike
Hi Earl --

You would use the WSDL if you're going to use PHP's native SOAP tools, instead of using PEAR SOAP plus the SFDC toolkit. There are a number of examples of how to refer to your company's Enterprise WSDL throughout this forum, so take a peek around and you'll find them.

PHP 5.0.4 may be fine for many projects to extend Salesforce, but I'm putting off several projects until 5.1.0 is released, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. The new version will simplify a lot of the code, and will help you to avoid some work-arounds that are necessary to get things working well.

Good luck!
Michael