function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ErikNelke1ErikNelke1 

Pop Up Window Size - Adjustable?

Hi,

We have a set of dependent fields which SF nicely clusters by default into a pop-up window (below). The window size is very small and cumbersome to use.

Is there a way to make that window larger?

I tried posting an image but doesn't appear to work.

Thank you

Kamatchi Devi SargunanathanKamatchi Devi Sargunanathan

Hi,

This is possible. I have the worked on many requirement using POPUP windows. 

From my work, i give you a sample to do customizing the popup size. For that you need to adjust in the CSS I shown below.

<apex:commandLink action="{!goToPage2}" value="popup" onclick="window.open('/apex/vfactivitypopup?id={!com1.id}','','width=550,height=450');" >
<apex:param name="rowId" assignTo="{!rowId}" value="{!com1.id}" />
</apex:commandLink>

If your requirement is different eloborate as much as possible.

Hope so this helps you...! 

Please mark this answer a Solution and please give kudos by clicking on the star icon, if you found this answer as helpful.

ErikNelke1ErikNelke1
Can this be applied to standard SF objects such as Opportunities?

Yes you can apply this to Standard Objects as well as custom objects, but not in a standard layout. You need to use VF page only to use this VF components.

What kind of scenario you are using this popup? can you explain that?

ErikNelke1ErikNelke1
Hopefully replying through outlook will let the image appear this time.

If you can see the image, you will see that the standard Opportunity
record dependent fields popup is very small considering how many fields
we have that are dependent.

You would think SF would make that window dynamic and self-adjusting.

Erik Nelke

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender.

Almac Group (UK) Limited, registered no. NI061368. Almac Sciences Limited, registered no. NI041550. Almac Discovery Limited, registered no. NI046249. Almac Pharma Services Limited, registered no. NI045055. Almac Clinical Services Limited, registered no. NI041905. Almac Clinical Technologies Limited, registered no. NI061202. Almac Diagnostics Limited, registered no. NI043067. All preceding companies are registered in Northern Ireland with a registered office address of Almac House, 20 Seagoe Industrial Estate, Craigavon, BT63 5QD, UK.

Almac Sciences (Scotland) Limited, registered in Scotland no. SC154034.

Almac Clinical Services LLC, Almac Clinical Technologies LLC and Almac Diagnostics LLC are Delaware limited liability companies and Almac Group Incorporated is a Delaware Corporation. More information on the Almac Group can be found on the Almac website: www.almacgroup.com

So,

You have got the solution?

ErikNelke1ErikNelke1

Hi,

Unfortunately, no. I am admin but not a developer so it's a bit off track for me. And I can't get my image on here for you to see.

Hi,

Sorry your requirement is not clear. Can you explain in brief?

Are you want to send email message with a image or open a popup window in SF? Couldn't understand.

ErikNelke1ErikNelke1
I wanted to post a screen shot so you could see what I was referring to help clarify what I was trying to describe

Please do that, its easier to understand your requirement.

Ken BrillKen Brill
I hate hijacking old threads but this one is exactly what I am looking for
User-added image