function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jsymonds24jsymonds24 

'Send and Close Case' custom button on Case Email page

We just started using Case management for our Support group.   One of the issues they've raised is related to closing a case.  They don't want have to seperately click 'Send an Email' to send the customer a case closing message then click 'Close Case' to close the case.  They would like a button on the Email page layout called 'Send and Close Case' that would send the email then open the standard 'Close Case' page.  Can anyone suggest how I would go about doing that?

Thanks & Regards,

Jeff

karthiksaivkarthiksaiv

Hi,

Instead of having a new button, create a workflow of sending an email alert whenever an case is closed

Rule Criteria

Case: Status EQUALS Closed

Then add Email alert action in the workflow to send Email alert to customer when the case is closed.

with this, customer will have to take care of closing the case and email will be automatically sent to customer.

jsymonds24jsymonds24

Thank you very much for your reply karthiksaiv.  My users want to be able to write the email to the customer so an automated reply won't work for my situation.

Regards,

Jeff

Becky Miller 13Becky Miller 13
Did anyone get this to work?  We would like to be able to do the same thing.  We would like to be able to have Send an Email and Send an Email / Close the Case.  
Hey SandboxHey Sandbox
Any updates for this issue? I'm looking for same functionality.
jsymonds24jsymonds24
Hi Wave, Sorry, no. Although, I’m pretty sure there would be a way to associate an Action with Apex or Lightning code to do it. Good luck! Jeff
Lee GoldsworthyLee Goldsworthy
Anyone have any luck with this? Seems like pretty entry level stuff (that works out of the box with proper support tools like Freshdesk/Zendesk)
Nikolai FilipovNikolai Filipov
We need a very similar thing too.  We do NOT want to change Case Status - it should stay whatever it is set to.
However, in Desk.com we had a way to quickly Send email reply+Quit case, so we can reply to many cases in quick succession.
It does not seem there is such a way in Desk Cloud, at least not by default.

Is this possible at all, please? If so, how to do this? Quick Actions - which ones?
I know I can reply via email, then press Shift+X to quit the case but this is much slower than doing it via 1 click with mouse,