function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin 

Partner Community questions

So I've set up a partner community and have a few users configured so they can log in.  I have a couple questions that I can't quite figure out:

1. Can Partner Community users access Contracts?  I've added the tab in the community set up section, but I don't see that object listed under the Community profile security settings nor do I see it explicitly available under sharing rules (although I do see it under sharing rules for accounts (Default Account, Contract, and Asset Access) which I have set to read/write.  Adding a contract under an account that the partner should have access to results in no contract showing up on the account page (actually, the entire Contracts related list doesn't show up, but it does if I access it using a regular user account).

2.  If I configure a simple "My Leads" or "My Opportunity" report and share it out as Viewer for the partner user, he gets an insufficient permission error when clicking on it.  I've verified that he has access to at least read all of the fields displayed on the report. 

All of this is in our sandbox for now (if that makes any difference).  If anyone could point me to a document/video/KB article that explains (in a decent amount of detail) how to set up a partner community using sharing rules, etc other than the "Getting Started with Communities" guide from SF, that would be great also.  We're looking to limit access to leads, contacts, accounts, etc based on country.  I.e. our France partner can do things if the lead/contact/account country = FR. 

Thanks...

iGrafxAdminiGrafxAdmin
Anyone? I found out from Salesforce that apparently Contracts are not visible to partner communities. Ideas about the reports feature?