function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC_LanceSFDC_Lance 

No Master Detail for Bulk API then workaround?

Hi,

Now I know that Bulk API not for the master + detail insert in single shot.

What you guys think if I create a new object (say temp) which holds master + details and use the Bulk API to load data.

Once the Bulk API finish the job then trigger/call a web service which will now move from this temp to respective master + detail.

Do you think this is an acceptable solution?

We are loading 10K records in Bulk API. Do see any DML Limitation or Governors Issue with this approach.

Please advices - Thanks

Lance

Groundwire ConsultingGroundwire Consulting

Hi,

Batch size

• Batches for data loads can consist of a single CSV or XML file that can be no larger than 10 MB.
  • A batch can contain a maximum of 10,000 records.
  • A batch can contain a maximum of 10,000,000 characters for all the data in a batch.
  • Batch processing timeThere is a five-minute limit for processing 100 records. Also, if it takes longer than 10 minutes to process a batch, the Bulk API places the remainder of the batch back in the queue for later processing. If the Bulk API continues to exceed the 10-minute limit on subsequent attempts, the batch is placed back in the queue and reprocessed up to 10 times before the batch is permanently marked as failed.Even if the batch failed, some records could have completed successfully. To get batch results to see which records, if any, were processed,  If you get a timeout error when processing a batch, split your batch into smaller batches, and try again.

and if you have any more questions  please feel to contact me on support@groundwireconsulting.com

if our suggestion(s) worked, let us know by marking the answer as "Best Answer" right under the comment.
This will help the rest of the community should they have a similar issue in the future. Thank you!

SFDC_LanceSFDC_Lance

Thanks, Agree that it's part of Bulk API Architecture.

My question is more on after Bulk Api job done (well say, no errors right). Now from my Temp object can I move records using Apex class into Header and Details.

If so do I get with any DML Limitation or Governors Issue. Is this right approach.

Thanks 

Lance

Groundwire ConsultingGroundwire Consulting

I am not sure if i have understood your question, could you please let me know where do you want to move the records of a particular object.on which dml operation do you want to govener limits.

or probably the link below could be answer

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_merge.htm