function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aquelleraqueller 

Forecasts tab

Hi,

I have a developer edition and want to practice creation and management of forecasts.

When I enter the 'Forecasts' tab, I see an introductory page with no links that allow me

any actions.

I have checked my profile, and the 'allow forecasting' box is checked.

I have also checked the configuration of the 'customize->forecast' page and can't see anything wrong.

Can someone tell me what additional setting/configuration do I need to have, so that I am allowed to

create and view my own forecasts?

Thank you.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

Are you a System Administrator?Go to Customize->ForecastS->ForeCast Hierarchy and

Enable Customizable Forecasting..

Now you can work with ForeCasting.

Thankyou.

All Answers

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

Are you a System Administrator?Go to Customize->ForecastS->ForeCast Hierarchy and

Enable Customizable Forecasting..

Now you can work with ForeCasting.

Thankyou.

This was selected as the best answer
aquelleraqueller

It worked!

Thank you, srikeerthi.

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

You are welcome.

SFDC_LearnerSFDC_Learner

HI,

What is the functionality of forecasting in salesforce?

Can we work  forecasting only on Opportunity Object? Is n't it supports to other objects?

Could you please tell me few words.

aquelleraqueller

The forecast is closely linked to the opportunities. While opportunities relate to individual deals, forecast can be viewed as a rollup of the opportunities and gives you details of what is in your sales pipeline. It gives you an idea of what revenues to expect in each quarter of the fiscal year. Sales managers can look at changes in the forecast and use it as a basis for sales review meetings.