function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NANCY1NANCY1 

How to create the visualforce page, to display all the records

Hi,

I need to create the visualforce page that should display all the records based on the lookup field value selected. Please guide me.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Could you please explain your req a bit more. Do you want all the records in the lookup window or all other records having same lookup value.

All Answers

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Could you please explain your req a bit more. Do you want all the records in the lookup window or all other records having same lookup value.

This was selected as the best answer
NANCY1NANCY1

Hi,

I want to display all the records having same lookup value in the another visualforce page.

the scenario is something like:

i have a custom object "A", on this page layout i have two lookup field i.e. Lookup field 'x' and Lookup field 'y'. The values of lookup field Y is dependent on the value of Lookup field 'x'.

to fulfill this requirement i can create the dependent lookup filter, but it has one problem it doesn't show all records based on the dependent field. I have to search for it.

So, i am looking for where on a VF page i can select the value for Lookup field  'y' by displaying all the records that are related to Lookup field 'x'. please suggest how can i do that.

NANCY1NANCY1

Hi Shashikant,

I have got to write a code for the very first basic requirement..But my overall need is something else...

Currently using the below code.. i am able to get all RR__c records related to Resource_Requirement__c selected.

See...

on the Proposal__c object page i have two lookup fields.. one for Resource_Requirement__c object and another for  RR__c object. while creating the new proposal i'lls elect the lookup value for Resource_Requirement__c.. and i select the value from this..i should be able to view all the RR__c records related to selected value of Resource_Requirement__c on the visualforce page....i hope i am clear...to make you understand..

public class AllRRs
{
    private Resource_Requirement__c rrdetail;
    public List<RR__c> propdetail;

public AllRRs(ApexPages.StandardController controller)
    {
        rrdetail=(Resource_Requirement__c)controller.getrecord();
        propdetail = new List<RR__c>();
        RR__c rrlist = new RR__c();
        rrlist.RRF__c = rrdetail.id;
        propdetail.add(rrlist);                        
    }

public RR__c[] getCaseRecords()
    {
        RR__c[] rrdetail = [select id,name,gPAC__c,RRF__c,Long_Term_Resource_Location__c,Priority__c,Required_Skill__c,RR_Status__c,RM_Phase__c from RR__c where RRF__c =:rrdetail.id];
        return rrdetail;
    }
}