function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andre RAndre R 

Issue with using select from Quote SOQL in Perl

I am using Perl with Light Soap to select data from various SFDC objects such as opportunity and Quote. When executing the following statement: SELECT Id, Name from Opportunity LIMIT 10 I have no issues, hoaever if I change the table name from Opportunity to Quote: SELECT Id, Name from Quote LIMIT 10 I am getting the following error message: INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'Quote' is not supported.<br>2. SELECT Id, Name from Quote LIMIT 10. Does anybody have a clue?

dkadordkador

This means your user and/or org don't have access to the Quote entity.

Andre RAndre R

Sorry, I accidentally clicked on accept this solution, however,  the user running this Perl/SOAP/SOQL query has full access to Quote object. When we run the same query: in System Log, it runs perfectly fine.

dkadordkador

Are you sure you're using the same user via the API?  The error message is quite clear.

Andre RAndre R

Yes we are using the same user id via api as via front end.

Andre RAndre R

We also do not have any issues acessing other objects such as Account, User, Opportunity etc. The issue is only with Qoute table. Is there any metadata somewhere that is used by SOAP that controls the list od accessibla objects?

SuperfellSuperfell

I beleive Quote is only available in fairly recent API versions and that the perl tools are still using a fairly old api version, this is likely the problem.

Andre RAndre R

Simon, thank you for the reply. It is  exactly the case. Do you know what would be the resolution to this problem? Is there a way Perl/SOAP can be upgraded to the latest API?