function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pipmossoppipmossop 

Help needed TODAY. Is anyone available to help?

We are trying to get our products into our environment ready for launch on Tuesday of next week but we have hit a barrier that we don't have the skills or knowledge to cope with.

Is anyone available for paid work to help us between now and then?

Background:

We are a service company based int he UK that offers collection services. We use a network of contractors to carry out those services. The services can be in a combination of forms dependant on three things:

1. Type of container (10 options)
  2. Size of container (10 options)
  3. Type of container cargo (10 options)
We collect from all over the UK and therefore choose a contractor based on the postcode of the Account Shipping Postcode. We may have a choice of between 1-4 contractors to use in that area - each offering a different price.
We believe we should be using Pricebooks according to the Postcode and then Container Type as the Product. The other items then become variables of that product ie:
Size of Container
Type of Container Cargo
Based on the chosen variables the system would return the possible contractors, which would give us the price

What we are looking to do is:

Build a Custom Object to manage our vendor services. This would be:

• Vendor details (taken from Account)
  • Vendor postcodes covered - multi-select
  • Vendor containers offered in those Postcode areas
  • Vendor sizes offered
  • Type of Container Cargo offered
  • Price for each combination

Modify the Opportunity Product to add in the ability to select product variables as well as Quantity:

•  Frequency of Collection
  •  Size of Container
  •  Type of Product

We then need a lookup to check which of our Vendors can match the product combination, which will then return a Price and the Vendor

Hope that makes sense. Would love to hear from anyone interested in this work who can begin immediately.

Philip

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
pipmossoppipmossop

Thanks for the reply Werner, I'm actually already waiting for a call back from Xactium and it isn't Airline Cargo. I was being commercially vague!

Best

Philip

All Answers

wgrawgra

Hi Philip,

I have an airline cargo background and we (projectnet) are closely working together with Xactium in U.K. for all programming work.

Let's have a chat about your project, I have first ideas for a quick solution.

Best regards,

Werner

pipmossoppipmossop

Thanks for the reply Werner, I'm actually already waiting for a call back from Xactium and it isn't Airline Cargo. I was being commercially vague!

Best

Philip

This was selected as the best answer
wgrawgra

Great! loop closed

Best regards,

Werner

mahendrmmahendrm

Hi,

I have a team of 40 certified sales force experts who work on a Hybrid model Onshore & Offshore model. I managed to take a look at your requirement for salesForce implementation. If you are interested i would like to discuss more in detail for how we can service for your requirements.

I can also send you a case study of our recent project which will help you to get get more clarity on what we have done. Please mail me your contact details so that i can respond back to you with the details.

Regards,

Madan

madanagopal.mahendran@csscorp.com

NORTHNORTH

Hi Philip,

ForceBrain can definitely help you TODAY!

With over 100 Salesforce deployment and Force.com development projects successfully implemented, ForceBrain.com is the leading, low-cost Salesforce.com and Force.com consulting and implementation partner. We have the right people, the most experience, and the best methodologies to cost-effectively and efficiently deliver customized solutions, suited for your business needs in the platform.

Our clientele covers a wide range of industries, from small to international enterprise conglomerates, which includes Kaplan, Dell, University of San Francisco, Fluxion Biosciences, UrbanDaddy.com, Aldon, Ingres, iRise, 3D Therapeutics, Sciton, Luidia, Qinteractive, among others.

We also work with a lot of non-profit organizations namely, One Warm Coat, California School Health Centers, Citizen's Schools, Waterford Institute, among others.

Please check out our Salesforce service listing and find out how we are the No. 1 most popular Salesforce consulting partner and most importantly, how we always go the extra mile for the customers.

Ask about our certified admin plans, starting $1,500/month!

All the best,

Sean Considine

415-504-2593

pipmossoppipmossop

Gyus thank you very much for your quick replies. We found someone to help us.

Best

Philip

kickingboykickingboy

Why not get someone on our course then you could do the quick fixes yourself next time. http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Jobs-Board-Developer/Salesforce-com-training-and-Cloudforce-London-2010/td-p/202095

pipmossoppipmossop

Thanks Kicking boy - we have a number of people trained. What we had today was not a quick fix. It was advanced Apex but hey, way to get your URL in :smileywink: