function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
matsilversteinmatsilverstein 

Turn Excel-based Workbook into App

Hi Folks. I posted the last post on this board about a small project, but its priority has been shifted to finding a solution for a new problem/project over here.

I'm not sure if this would be a good fit for the force.com, or if there is another platform that makes more sense for a spreadsheet-style software app so we don't need to build a ton of visualforce pages. I appreciate your input and look forward to speaking with you. 

STATEMENT OF PROBLEM

I currently have an Excel file/workbook with approximately 20 different worksheets /pages. The workbook is a financial reporting system of business activities. It is NOT an accounting software.

When it was created as an Excel spreadsheet, cell values were linked throughout the workbook to reduce chances for human transcribing and calculation errors.

Since the business is an ongoing entity, the workbook would have to create anew set of worksheets for each new week. Over time, the file began to slow down significantly as the sheer volume of worksheets it had to comb through to update current week data cells became to cumbersome.

It was suggested to me that this time of reporting system should have been set up in a database writing software instead of a spreadsheet.

OBJECTIVE

What I am seeking to accomplish are the following objectives:

1) I need my worksheets recreated in a way that pulls and populates data in the appropriate places quickly and accurately.

2) I need to be able to add a new set of worksheets each week, ideally by clicking a button.

3) I need this to be available in the cloud so that it can be accessed from any computer system with a username and password.

4) It will need at least two access levels (user & manager) and ideally have a third access level for administrator/ owner.

5) I need to make it reproducible so that 10,000 different accounts can be created and sold with access available to only their own account information and data.

Thank you,
Mat 

super developersuper developer

Hi,

We have done this type of application previously. If you want we will show that work.

I am a Salesforce Certified Developer. I will provide offshore development.

I have 2+ years experience in salesforce as developer. I have done different apps and many sites using sfdc. I have worked with 3rd party tools for integration like (apatar, informatica, pervasive ... etc) and done integration with mysql through java, done API integration with paypal, authorize.net ,Constant contact,eventbrite.

I am ready to show you my previous work in salesforce.com. So that you will know my capabilities. And also I am ready to face any type of interview insalesforce.com (sample requirement) to prove my strength. 

Please do contact us

on Skype:kiran399

Mail: kiran@dskvap.com

Waiting for your reply.

mm123mm123

Mat,

Please drop an email to discuss.

MV

nj.tech@hotmail.com

dbakedbake

I have 3 years of Salesforce.com development experience and have done over 20 Salesforce implementations. I can speak with you more about the details of the project if you email me at dominic.r.baker@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Dominic Baker

SFDC Certified Administrator

SFDC Certified Developer

BerryBerry

Mat, if you are covered gr8, if not we can setup a call tomorrow, my email ID is varun@sricominc.com and cell is 408 838 8084.

I am SFDC Certified too.

- Varun