function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DannyTKDannyTK 

Save button override to re-direct to parent object but with multiple record types on child

Good morning board,

I'm trying to create a New button that on Save / Return you get redirected to the Parent Object after creating a child record.  I saw the code for how to create when there is one Record type for the child record:

/003/e?retURL=%2F{!object.Id}&saveURL=%2F{!object.Id}

but i have multiple record types where you have the Record Type selection screen before going to the new record screen. 

I tried incorporating the entire URL for the Record Type selection screen

https://cs15.salesforce.com/setup/ui/recordtypeselect.jsp?ent=01Ie0000000DH9F&retURL=%2Fa1Me0000000hGac&save_new_url=%2Fa1N%2Fe%3FCF00Ne0000000n4do%3D000012%26CF00Ne0000000n4do_lkid%3Da1Me0000000hGac%26retURL%3D%252Fa1Me0000000hGac

replacing some of the ID's with {!object.ID} by save_new_url and retURL...as well as by the specific record ID's.  but doesn't seem to allow me to move past the Record Type selection screen.  Has anyone come across this before? (trying to redirect back to parent object on Save but when there are multiple record types for child object)

Groundwire ConsultingGroundwire Consulting

Hi Danny,

You can override list button in child object  and you can select content type in picklist value url.then  type this url

/003/e?retURL=%2F{!ParentObject.Id}&saveURL=%2F{!ParentObject.Id}

and if you have any more questions please feel to contact me on support@groundwireconsulting.com

DannyTKDannyTK

thanks Groundwire,

I appreciate the reply.  Would you know how to direct to the record type selection screen on 'New', with my child object i have multiple record types to select from, and the current URL will open the child page on default record type....played around with different paths but doesn't seem to work (modifying the URL that is given on the record type select path and incorporating the retURL and saveURL as below)...

-d