function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GaneeeshGaneeesh 

What is session ID .. and why we use session ID in integration..?

Can any body help me.. What is session ID .. and why we use session ID in integration..?

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Once you log in to salesforce, you will get a session ID. This session id is like a token which proves you are already authenticated.
Hence, every next request should have this session id, so you will not be asked for your credentials everytime.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.
GaneeeshGaneeesh

Thanks Mr.Satish do u have any idea about JSON use in salesforce..?

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Yes you can parse JSON data in salesforce.
Check this link:
http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_json_jsonparser.htm

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
This is also helpful

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_methods_system_json_overview.htm

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Groundwire ConsultingGroundwire Consulting

Hi,

A session ID is a unique number that a Web site's server assigns a specific user for the duration of that user's visit .

The session ID can be stored as a cookie, form field, or URL (Some Web servers generate session IDs by simply incrementing static numbers. However, most servers use algorithms that involve more complex methods, such as factoring in the date and time of the visit along with othervariables defined by the server administrator.

and if you have any more questions please feel to contact me on support@groundwireconsulting.com