function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
V'NathV'Nath 

Why some times developer console will not open log

Hi ,

Can any once face this problem when we executin some code using developer console the log will not open.

Any one face this problem.

Thank you

Dhaval PanchalDhaval Panchal
Yes, I have faced same issue several times.
mauro_offermannmauro_offermann

Have you tried changing the log level?

Have you using auto hide logs option?

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
I have observed that if the logs are big enough it takes some time to open, may be because of the size of the log.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
V'NathV'Nath

I am executing small piece of code.

string s2 ='This is Bob\'s string';
s2.replace('\'','/');
system.debug('test..'+s2);

and log levels are like below

General trace setting for user
DB :info
Callouts:Info
Apex code:debug
Validation :Info
Workflow:info
Profiling :info
Visualforce:info
System:debug

Can you please tell me what is the difference between info,Error,warn,Debug,fine,finest,Finer.

Thanks  in Advance

Rahul AgarwalRahul Agarwal

I don't exactly know why this happens, but I have observed that when you leave your dev console inactive for a long time, it stops opening logs. Just close the dev console and re-open it again and it will work fine.

Groundwire ConsultingGroundwire Consulting

Hi,

Log Inspector is a context-sensitive execution viewer that shows the source of an operation, what triggered the operation, and what occurred afterward. Use this tool to inspect debug logs that include database events,Apex processing, workflow, and validation logic.

For  more detailed information look at the fallowing link

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_debugging_system_log_console.htm

and if you have any more questions please feel to contact me on support@groundwireconsulting.com

SanjayPali.ax1702SanjayPali.ax1702
Hi V'Nath,

It could be browser issue. Try to check your code in google chrome.
jstutson1.392064088955968E12jstutson1.392064088955968E12
I was told my log would not load in the developer console since it had reached the maximum size of 2 mb.  The same log is vieable via the logs page in SF, but it cuts off at the 2mb point.  Why the developer console is not able to display in the same manner is a bug to me, but I was assured the intended functionality was for it... to not work...
James Gordon 10James Gordon 10
I ran into this issue and tried everything: clearing browser cache, switching to a new browser, deleting old logs, etc.  I was finally able to get the Developer Console to start opening logs again by adding myself as a monitored user under Setup > Logs > Debug Logs > Monitored User > New.

This requirement seems to be new behavior.  My dev org just upgraded to Summer '15, but I can't say with certainty that's related. 

This was a giant pain in the neck.  So much so that I'm switching to the Forece.com IDE  (which was running system.debug statements just fine during this issue).

I hope this helps.