function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
someguy.ax1382someguy.ax1382 

PHP website use Salesforce Username and Password

I have been researching this for a couple days and don't see a solution yet. I have a php website that i want to use the credencials of salesforce to login the user to the site. So the user would just use the same username and password they use on salesforce to login to this site. Is this possible? I've seen Oauth and Rest but it doesn't really look like i could do this whit those methods. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)

Seems like the login method in the API would take care of this. What was it about this method that didn't meet your requirements?

Park

someguy2someguy2

Can you give me a code example or somewhere to look for this, i know im just totally missing something.

Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)

Try this: http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Getting_Started_with_the_Force.com_Toolkit_for_PHP

Pass the user name and password, it returns a session id or an error. Once you have the session id you can use it to get anything you need, like the user's name, company, etc.

Park

someguy2someguy2

Thanks for the reply but that requires a token. Here is what i found you can pass the username and password through the url to login. Then redirecting them to the site