function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
seabstnseabstn 

BMCServiceDesk__Owner__c?!?!

Hey Force.com Developers,

I've hit a wall and wanted to see if anyone could give some guidance. 

Trying to get the Owner variable from BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c, it's a standard field and is a Lookup(User,Queue).

When I include it in my query, SF errors out saying that there is no such variable in the object that I'm working with --- I can see it on the developer side, but can't seem to call it in a SOOQL request.

$results = $this->salesforce->get_query("SELECT Id, BMCServiceDesk__queueName__c, Name, BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, BMCServiceDesk__Category_ID__c, BMCServiceDesk__Status_ID__c FROM BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c WHERE BMCServiceDesk__Status_ID__c != 'CLOSED'");

Any help would be great... !!

Thanks, 

C

AdminBoosterAdminBooster

If it is a standard field, the name is not BMCServiceDesk__Owner__c, it will be Owner

$results = $this->salesforce->get_query("SELECT Id, Owner, BMCServiceDesk__queueName__c, Name, BMCServiceDesk__Client_Name__c, BMCServiceDesk__Category_ID__c, BMCServiceDesk__Status_ID__c FROM BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c WHERE BMCServiceDesk__Status_ID__c != 'CLOSED'");

seabstnseabstn

Hey AdminBooster!

Thanks for the response, trouble is, I get this from Force:

No such column 'Owner' on entity 'BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c'.

Strange right??

Chris

AdminBoosterAdminBooster

There can be multiple reasons including :

- if the owbject has a master-detail relationship (and is the detailed object of this relationship), there is no "owner" field, you have to use the parent owner field

- you could be using an old api version that won't give you access to this field