function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sumpritsumprit 

Moving Application from one org to another?

Hi there,

In one of the Developer edition I have created a custom object A that I would like to move to another Devloper edition.

What is the best way to do that?

I tried packaging the object and then uploading to app exchange and then received a URL too - however I am confused what do I do with this URL? When I copy and paste this URL to a new browser it asks for a login details? Its confusing. How do I move it?
learnSFlearnSF
when you click on url,give user name and password of second developer edition.and this new package will be installed in second developer edition.
sumpritsumprit

I did that and it gives me an error message - AppExchange Package Unavailable.

learnSFlearnSF
have you tried to create agaon new package,upload and install in second edition.

When you upload package ,assign user as well so if any exception accours,you informed by mail.

or send me yr url,if its not private or send me in my private email,I can try it in mine.
sumpritsumprit
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply again. I figured out the problem.

Basically when we do a package upload there is a delay from the time that you get the URL to the time it is available to download. The reason for this is because it gets sent to a queue and when you get the URL, it was submitted for the Queue and it takes time to work through the queue and actually uploaded.

So after few refreshes it now works.

thanks

sumpritsumprit
Is there any method to move/copy the fields from one object to another under same box / Dev Edition?

In my Dev edition - can I move all the fields from Object A to Cases object - need to copy some of the fields.

Is this possible?

learnSFlearnSF
using eclipse plugin you can copy field from one object's xml file to another object's xml file.
GregCGregC
When packages are uploaded there may be a delay as the information and the package are replicated to all other instances from the instance you uploaded on. So if you uploaded a package on NA5 and then tried to install it in an org on NA3 it can take up to ten minutes for the package to become available on that org.