function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tecumseth@northtecumseth@north 

Unable to upload package after Winter '09 upgrade

I am having difficulty uploading any managed packages (beta or released) on my developer's org after Winter '09 upgrade.  Every time I tried, the upload failed and the error message only mentioned "Your upload failed.  You will receive an e-mail containing additional information."  However, the email never arrived so I don't know what caused the upload failure.  The same package have been successfully uploaded many times before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

GeorgeKGeorgeK
I am having the same problem. This occurred with 2 totally different packages that I tried to install on different accounts. Always at the end I receive an error code (the error code was 1014677531-140 (745912265)). I posted a case and waiting to hear back. Does anyone know if this is a known issue?
jhartjhart
We have succeeded in uploading packages, but cannot then install them as upgrades to existing package versions.  (They do install as new versions, but not as upgrades):

As a result, none of our existing customers are able to upgrade their packages from the Summer08 versions they currently have installed.

Unfortunately, Winter09 brought other breaking changes - non-namespaced Visualforce pages can no longer call non-global properties/methods on global namespaced Controllers, even though this worked great in Summer *and* in Winter pre-release - mean that our existing customers have a broken UI.

And the broken packaging system means they can't have an upgrade.

I spoke with a Salesforce.com product manager last night (at around midnight!) and he indicated that they are aware of the problem, but I have no idea exactly what the problem is nor when it will be fixed.

Salesforce, a more definitive public response would be greatly appreciated.
Maryam@AppirioMaryam@Appirio
I am getting the same error although my circumstances are a little different.  I have packaged a brand new custom application in a Winter '09 developer org and  uploaded the package to the AppExchange successfully. When I attempt to install this package in a new Winter '09 developer org I get the following error:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.
None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error. If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 2002928298-2676 (717203922)

I saw on a different post (http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=appexdirectory&message.id=983)) that this was a known issue and SFDC was going to release a fix on 10/15 but I am still getting this error as of 10/17.  Any thoughts as to what is the root cause as the error message doesn't really give you much information?

Thanks,
-Maryam

GeorgeKGeorgeK

Maryam@Appirio wrote:
I am getting the same error although my circumstances are a little different.  I have packaged a brand new custom application in a Winter '09 developer org and  uploaded the package to the AppExchange successfully. When I attempt to install this package in a new Winter '09 developer org I get the following error:

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error. If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 2002928298-2676 (717203922)

I saw on a different post (http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=appexdirectory&message.id=983)) that this was a known issue and SFDC was going to release a fix on 10/15 but I am still getting this error as of 10/17.  Any thoughts as to what is the root cause as the error message doesn't really give you much information?

Thanks,
-Maryam

Maryam@Appirio wrote:

Thanks,
-Maryam

I thought I would let everyone know, we have a case open on this and it was escalated to tier 2 and here is the last bit of information we received:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Admin,

Right now, we are having some known issues with packaging in General. We are aggressively working on the issue but don't have a Estimated Time of Repair.

We are hoping to have these issues addressed in a future patch release. We hope that this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I emailed him back and he agreed to keep the case open and keep me up-to-date on any new information. I will post again when I hear more.
-George

Besides the package uploading problem, we are also having problem installing the packages created period to Winter '09 upgrade.  It also gives me package unavailable error.  The interesting thing is that I deprecated a package and then made it active again.  When installing, I received the following error:

Force.com Sandbox

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1765812882-117 (18542903) Your requested install failed. Please fix the following error(s) or obtain a fix and try this again.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels.

Problem:

1.  In field: apexClass - no ApexClass named MonthlyReturnsElement found

Anyway, it looks like that their winter '09 upgrade caused packaging part broken.  We have filed cases for both upload and install problems and they have been escalated to level-2.
A_SmithA_Smith
Hi All,

First off, I'd like to apologize for the issues you've experienced this release. In Winter '09, we migrated packaging to an entirely new architecture that will allow us to build many new features in the future that simply weren't possible before. As outlined in the posts above, there have been a few issues with this migration. I assure you we are actively working on them. I encourage you to try your packages again on Monday night. A set of issues we have seen should be resolved by then. If your issue is still not resolved at that time, please know that we are working on it. Not all issues will be resolved from the fixes going out on Monday.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience as we make this transition. It will pay off in the long run.

Best regards,
Andrew Smith
Senior Product Manager
Force.com Platform
jhartjhart
Hi everyone,

I just posted two suggestions on the IdeaExchange for process improvements that would have helped avoid all of this.  Please take a look and, if you agree, vote 'em up!

Link: Developer-accessible bug database

Link: Pre-release improvements

thanks!
-john

GeorgeKGeorgeK
I just tried installing a managed package update to an org that had a previous version of our package and after entering the password for the package I received the following error message on the screen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact support@salesforce.com. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using Salesforce!

Error ID: 663778614-10504 (1107514303)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can not update any of our clients packages, if someone in support could provide regular updates to the status of the problem and when a fix is expected it would be very appreciated.

I tried to install a managed released package built on Winter '09 org on a developer's org to upgrade the previous version which was built per-winter '09.  The installation process failed:

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 517324287-217 (746273696)

Fresh install of same package on a similar developer's org went through successfully. 

A_SmithA_Smith
George - Please try the install again.  I believe that issue should be resolved now.  If not, please provide the latest error number.

North - I have a logged a bug for your issue.  If you have a case number, I can associate the bug to it for tracking purposes.  I expect your issue to be resolved by Wednesday night, possibly before.

Again, my apologies to the both of you for the issues you've experienced.  We're actively working to get these resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Andrew
GeorgeKGeorgeK
Andrew,
I am sorry to report that I just tried it and it failed again. Here is the error I was given:

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1843624308-92 (745880460)

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide you to assist in resolving this.
-George
A_SmithA_Smith
Hi George,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues.  Thank you for posting the error number.  I've logged a bug for your issue and would like to associate it with your case.  Can you please post your case number?

Thanks,
Andrew
GeorgeKGeorgeK
Andrew,
The case # is 02175667. We just provided support the following:

-Org ID of destination Org (Where the app is being installed).
-Link to Package being installed
-Org ID of development org (Where the app was developed)
-Version of last upload
-When was the app last uploaded

We also provided support access to both orgs for a week. Please let me know if you need anything else at all.

Message Edited by GeorgeK on 10-26-2008 11:41 PM
The case # is 02200183

Thanks for your help.
rwoollenrwoollen
George,

We released a fix last night that I believe will address your issue.

Could you update your case with support and/or post back here if you're still having issues?

Thanks.

-- Rob
awilawil
It's been 6wks since this thread was last touched, but I am having similar trouble. I am trying to install a managed beta package and it consistently fails. It has never succeeded. The error I get is:

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1330334169-673 (-260818356)
A_SmithA_Smith
Hi awil,

I logged a bug for your issue. Do you have a salesforce case number I can associate the bug with for tracking purposes? I expect this to be resolved next week.

Thanks,
Andrew
awilawil
Case 02302679

Does that mean you identified a problem and it will be resolved, or it will be investigated next week. Do you know if there's a workaround in the short term? Earlier versions of this package worked. I'm wondering if you can see that it's some particular code or element that is causing the package to error out on attempted install. If so, I'll remove that component for now in order to keep working.

Thanks.
A_SmithA_Smith
Hi awil,

We should have it fixed next week. I don't have a work around at this time. If we find one, I'll be sure to share.

Thanks,
Andrew
A_SmithA_Smith
Hi awil,

Basically on the Opportunity2 object for the page layout Listing Opportunity Layout, you have two page layout sections called Forecast
Information. If you delete or rename one, reupload the package, and then try the install I suspect it will work. If not, we have a fix going out this Wednesday night.

Thanks,
Andrew
tbardhanAppiriotbardhanAppirio

Hi Andrew -

We're now consistently getting the same problem as the original poster for one of our packages in one of our dev orgs - immediately on upload.  Here are the contents of the email I sent to support with the relevant information.  Uploads on other dev orgs are working fine and have worked in the past on this dev org (last release 1/13/09).

Support email (case #:  02402385):

Hello -

When trying to upload a managed package from a DE org, we get an "Internal Server Error".  This is a reproducible error - it is happening every time (with a different error ID but the same message).  However, in the past, we have successfully uploaded several releases of the managed package from this DE org.

Org ID:  00D80000000Lk8n
Package ID:  03380000000E0rl
This managed package is dependent on another managed package, but that package is installed on the dev org and always has been (again, we have successfully uploaded this package several times in the past, but consistently encounter the error now).

Page URL being requested:  https://na6.salesforce.com/_ui/core/mfpackage/export/PackagingValidateExportUi?p1=03380000000E0rl&retURL=%2F03380000000E0rl%3Fsetupid%3DPackage

We first noticed the error around 12:30pm Pacific on Thu. 1/29/2009.  It is still happening as of 1:28pm.  Error Message pasted below.

thanks
Titash

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact support@salesforce.com. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using Salesforce!

Error ID: 649731523-31165 (-434350672)

Click here to return to the previous page.

Max PowerMax Power

Andrew,

I am also experiencing (presumably) the same error as the original poster.  I was able to successfully upload my beta package, but I receive the following error message when I attempt to install it:

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1973761023-19263 (717204977)

I have attempted to install to multiple development accounts (one new account), and receive the same error message every time.  I have logged a case (case # 02408733).  Any help that you would be able to provide in solving this issue or getting my case escalated would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Max

tbardhanAppiriotbardhanAppirio

Just to close the loop on this one from our side - salesforce.com support responded and communicated that a patch was being put in.  After the patch (a couple weeks back), package upload and installation is working fine again for us.

Thanks

Titash

StephenBStephenB

Just to add to this, in case anyone is still getting this - I am still getting this same error trying to install a new package into new Spring 09 dev org. I have raised a case with salesforce.com support

I have tried (via some of the other posts on the boards):

- Deleted fields (I have no deleted fields on either the source or target org)

- Removing namespaces from all my apex code

Neither of these has resolved the issue.

StephenBStephenB

OK I'm going to eat my words...

I missed 1 little occurrence of my namespace in 1 trigger! And that was causing the issue. Have since removed and have managed to successfully install in another dev org.

Anyone reading - I suggest going to the source of your Eclipse workspace, and using something like Beyond Compare or some multi-file find, to find EVERY occurrence of your namespace in Apex, and then remove it that way...