function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aaslandjaaslandj 

Missing organization features for app install

I have created a package congaing some custom fields and s-controls in our dev account and while trying to install on our our non-dev account
I get the following message:

Missing Organization Feature: Contact.RecordType
Missing Organization Feature: Lead.RecordType
Missing Organization Feature: Account.RecordType
Missing Organization Feature: Opportunity.RecordType

There are custom fields being added for each of those object types, but nothing I've done requires the RecordType.
Why do I get this error?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aaslandjaaslandj

I've logged a case.

Case Number: 02249425

All Answers

A_SmithA_Smith
Can you please log a case with the details including package install URL? Then post the case number here and we'll look into it.

Thanks,
Andrew
aaslandjaaslandj

I've logged a case.

Case Number: 02249425

This was selected as the best answer
A_SmithA_Smith
It appears that when this package was uploaded, somehow the boxes on the upload screen were checked to require record types.  Upload the package again and make sure the boxes to require record types are not checked on the upload page.  Then try the install.

Thanks,
Andrew
Keith_SmithKeith_Smith

I notice this is an older post but I am running into the same issue with Record Type so I'll give a new post a try.

...and when I try to follow the suggestion from this thread of recreating the package and unchecking boxes for Record Type in the Dependancy list on the Upload process form...the system auto detects the record type field on the custom object, checks the box for you, and will not let you uncheck the box.

Specific error when trying to install the package into a new org:  Missing Organization Feature: RecordType

We use the Record Type field on two custom objects.

Any advice or guidance is appreciated.