function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anton MochalinAnton Mochalin 

Managed package update doesn't work

We created a managed package of our application, uploaded a Managed - Released version and installed it on another org. Then we decided to change some components and add some - and uploaded a new version from the same dev org - also Managed - Released. When trying to update the existing install with that new version we get the following message:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact Support through your normal channels and reference number: 1477849749-1261 (-95349298)

So the functionality of managed packages actually don't work. Keep that in mind when you consider creating a managed package (and maybe consider using Force.com platform).
A_SmithA_Smith
Hi Anton,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues upgrading your package. I've gone ahead and logged a bug for the issue. Have you logged a case with support? If so, can you please post your case number? Then I'll associated the bug with it for tracking purposes.

The issue should be resolved within the next week and a half.

Thanks,
Andrew
Anton MochalinAnton Mochalin
Yes, I did log the case, it was recently escalated to Tier 2 department.

Case number 02269419

Hope this will be solved soon.
A_SmithA_Smith
Hi Anton,

I believe this issue should be fixed after tomorrow. Please try again on Thursday.

Thanks,
Andrew