function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShiztasticShiztastic 

Deployment - Deprecate Option greyed out?

I want to create a new managed package but I already have one.  I usually just deprecate the existing package and then delete it.  However, the last package I created is not letting me deprecate the package, the button is greyed out.  Anyone know why that might be the case?

Shiztastic
AishAish
You cannot deprecate the most recent version of a managed package upload. Make sure that's not the case.
ShiztasticShiztastic
I guess that makes sense.  If it's the first upload, you wouldn't be able to roll it back, which is the case.  However, I am unable to delete the package and it has only been uploaded once.

"This Package cannot be deleted because it has the following uploaded versions:"

I am unable to delete the uploaded version, so I am not sure how to delete the managed project.

Thanks for the help.
AishAish
Yep. That's expected behaviour. Assuming that your package version, say  v 1.0, is already uploaded on the Appexchange, create a new Managed Released version, say v 2.0, and then you will see the Deprecate button being active and you will be able to delete the v 1.0.
ShiztasticShiztastic
I really want to delete the whole thing, managed project and all.  It's a little frustrating only having 1 managed project available.
rwoollenrwoollen
Sorry, once you've released a managed-version for a package, it can not be completely deleted. 

Your best option would just be to sign-up a new DE org and develop your new package there.
shillyershillyer

Vote on this idea!

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10093271/Rollback_Managed_Released_Package_to_Managed_Beta

Providing the developer a means to rollback to Beta will allows for complete deletion of the managed package.

Best,

Sati

VarunCVarunC

Any luck over getting this working or imeplemented :( ...

I need to delete a Custom Object and a Tab from a managed package in my developer org ... can I achieve this ?