function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paulo CastroPaulo Castro 

Few questions for apps not listed in AppExchange

Hi,

I would like to know if is it possible to offer trial version for my future customers without list my app in AppExchange?! I saw I need to pay US$15 for each user of my app (if I choose to not use AppExchange), but when they are not my client yet I'll need to pay this value anyway?
Also I would like to know if is it possible to calculate and charge my clients using other metrics (like used data size) and not the user-based type?!

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

Paulo Castro
shillyershillyer

Hi Paulo,

Would your future customers already be Salesforce customers? If yes, then I recommend still using the AppExchange.

If these are net-new customers, you will most likely want to use Trialforce as a means of deploying your solution. This option and pricing can be discussed when you join the Force.com ISV Program. A rep will contact you to explain the details. You can join here.

Best,

Sati

Paulo CastroPaulo Castro
Hi Sati,

thank you for your answer.

Actually my target customer don't need SFA features...

Do you know if to be able to use Trialforce, my app must be listed at AppExchange?

Tnx again!

Best regards.
shillyershillyer

No - to use trialforce, AppExchange is not required. When you sign up for the Force.com ISV program, our team will reach out to discuss your needs and answer any questions.

Best,

Sati

Paulo CastroPaulo Castro
Thank you Sati!

I already signed as ISV and I'll wait some rep contact me.

Best regards.
Paulo CastroPaulo Castro
Hi Sati,

I tried to contact a ISV rep, but I didn't had any answer.
Can you please suggest someone who I can ask a few questions?

Thank you!

Best regards

Paulo Castro
shillyershillyer

Shoot me an email offline and I'll put you into contact.

shillyer@salesforce.com

Best,

Sati