function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WhyserWhyser 

How do you add to a package??

I've been working on a pretty large project in which there were a lot of changes done in Salesforce, such as, new custom objects and fields, validation rules, apex classes and triggers, buttons and custom links, page layours, etc.

Some of these changes were made directly into my Sandbox account, such as new custom objects/fields/validation rules/buttons/custom links/page layouts, etc, while all apex related stuff was done in Eclipse.

When I first started the project, I started with an empty package, so now only my apex code exists in it. I want to know if there is any documentation on how to add other components to the package? I'm using version 3.3.2, so I don't have the GUI that I've read about in some of the other threads to manage my package, and so far I've been manipulating the package.xml to add the other components by creating different types such as CustomField and CustomObject and adding the appropriate members required for our production instance. Can someone point to me where I can get information on how to add other components such as page layouts, validation rules, buttons, custom links, etc?