function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ali991ali991 

Problem installing entitlements from AppExchange

I am trying to install the Entitlements package from the AppExchange.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ZMkEAM

I have tried in both my dev edition and my sandbox. Each time it tells me its installing and I will receive a mail when its completed. I then get a mail saying that the installation has failed.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

Phil WaltonPhil Walton

Hi

Yes I am having the same problems, I have raised it with Salesforce support as the error is a specific Salesforce error. So even though they do not support Entitlements, they have said they should be able to help.

I will log any further information that I receive, or feel free to drop me a line.

Regards

Phil

Phil Walton
Salesforce.com Consultant
www.philwaltonconsultancy.co.uk
+44 (0)7968 361 506
philwalton@aol.com

A_SmithA_Smith

Please try the install again.  We updated the package to hopefully resolve the issue.

http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ZMkEAM

Thanks, 

ali991ali991

Fabulous, thanks very much. This time I got

"Your request to install package "Entitlements Entitlements 2.5.9" was successful."

Phil WaltonPhil Walton

Thanks for fixing that, yes I have now successfully installed the App.

Are there any updated setup instructions? I am still unable to see an Entitlement listed under a Contact (see Step 11 on 'Entitlements 2.1 Managed Package Post Install Steps'. Maybe there is a New version of this document somewhere?

Many thanks

Phil Walton
+44 (0)7968 361 506
philwalton@aol.com

werewolfwerewolf

That doc is mostly up to date, the version is just off a little.  You should be able to see the latest version here.

Phil WaltonPhil Walton

Thanks Werewolf!

Just trying again with that one, looks much better. Still can not see the 'Priority mappings' mentioned in Step 6, so I am not sure that will work?

Cheers

Phil

Phil Walton
+44 (0)7968 361 506
philwalton@aol.com

werewolfwerewolf
You can't see them in the doc or actually in the Entitlements app?
Phil WaltonPhil Walton

In 'Entitlements' itself.

I have now gone through the document you sent, and even though it is more up-to-date, still when I get to Step 12 'View the Contact Entitlement List on a Contact'...there is no Entitlement listed. (It is added to the Page Layout, but you can not see the Entitlement that has been added to the Account). 

Thanks

Phil 

Message Edited by PMW on 07-14-2009 01:41 AM
werewolfwerewolf
Have you checked on "Apply To All Contacts" on the Support Program?
ali991ali991

I have the same problem, when I get to step 12, view the entitlement list on a contact, I am not able to see the listing of entitlements.

I do not have the option to check "Apply to All Contacts" on the support program. Looking at that field it appears that it should be ticked by a trigger when you are using the multi account support program type so I am guessing it should have been done automatically?

werewolfwerewolf

Hmm, curious.  Have you ensured that:

• The contact's account is related to your support program?
  • The SP has at least one Entitlement under it?
  • That Entitlement is valid (i.e. today is between its start date and end date)?
Phil WaltonPhil Walton

Hi werewolf

Just checked those 3 questions you suggested, and its a Yes to them all.

Just one check, for the Support Programme there are 3 Record Types (Named Caller Support Programme, and Multi-Account Support Programme, and also 'Template'). The only one that seems to have the 'Apply to All Contacts in Account' tickbox is the Named Caller Support Programme. Is that as expected?

Thanks!

Phil 

werewolfwerewolf
Were you ever able to resolve this issue or are the entitlements still not showing up?
werewolfwerewolf
Please try the latest version of the Entitlements package.  It's a managed package so you can install it right over the version you have without losing anything you've already set up.  It should fix the issue with the Named Caller SPs.
ali991ali991
Thank you, that has indeed fixed the problem