function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KrishnadasKrishnadas 

Error Insuffcient Privileges when attempting to upload

Hi,
I used a developer edition Id to create an Application, I was able to create a Managed package of the application. When clicking upload I keep getting the error “Insufficient Privileges” “You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary”.
The fact is that I am the System Administrator. 
I am unable to place this error and upload the package.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Krishnadas
Applications Engineer
Steadfast Global
www.steadfastglobal.com

Added: Case number 02827828 is created for this issue.
Message Edited by Krishnadas on 07-29-2009 02:48 AM
cgosscgoss
I'm experiencing the same thing in our developer org. One user can upload, but another user with the same profile cannot (get same message).
KrishnadasKrishnadas

I am now able to upload the package. I created a new user for the system administrator profile and was able to Upload. It is a mystry that using the same profile information one user can and another cannot upload.
I have done overrides on the standard buttons of custom objects that are in the package. In the new org i do not see these overrides, and I loose all my pagelayouts. Am I doing the packaging wrong?
Thanks
Krishnadas
Steadfast Global
www.steadfastglobal.com 

Faiza KhanFaiza Khan
I recently faced this issue in my dev org and fortunately able to solve it just sharing my solution here.

I ran all test classes in the system first then compile all classes and then esitmate overall code coverage.

After that Salesforce allows me to upload unmanaged pacakge from my org.