function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DowithforceDowithforce 

Is it possible to edit manage package componets?

Hello All,

I have created Manage package for my application in my salesforcedeveloper account. After installation of package in another developersalesforce account. On custom button click I have to redirect tovisualforce page, but I am getting "Page not found" error.

As per forum I have to update namespace__VF page name but I can'tedit my package now. I have read a lot in documents and I came to knowwe can not delete manage package.(?)

Can you please guide me how I can edit name of my visualforce pages those are manage package componet? 

Thanks in advance. 

anjaligupta25anjaligupta25

Hi,

No you cannot edit, delete manage package components.

So for this you need to uninstall the package and then do necessary changes in previous org and again create package and install it into second org. No other possible way to edit the pages.

DowithforceDowithforce
Thanks!
shillyershillyer

If you want to modify a Visualforce page in your managed package to make a fix, that is possible. Certain components can be edited, while others cannot. They are listed here.

For what you want to do, you should be able to make the change in your dev org, upload a new version and your customers can install this new version on top of the old without having to uninstall.

Hope that helps,

Sati