function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BritishBoyinDCBritishBoyinDC 

Deleted item still referencing the package?

I am trying to remove my installed app from my test drive account, so I can installe a newer version. The app includes Record Types on th Contact object, and when I try and remove it, I get an error saying:

"This installed component is referenced by a locally created component: [Contact's Name]"

I thought I had updated all the data to not reference the record types in the package, but apparently not. The record is not in the recycle bin, and any attempts to undelete via the System Log are not working. How do I remove/updatet this record so it no longer references my package if it is apparently Permanently deleted?

A_SmithA_Smith
This appears to be a bug.  If you wait a few days and try the uninstall again, the process should work.  If not, we're going to hopefully release a fix that will allow the uninstall to proceed.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

So there's no way to fully remove the deleted data from being referenced by the instance?

Is it possible to swap out the current test drive app we are using with a new, fresh one? 

DavidHabDavidHab

I am also running into this exact same problem.  I can't uninstall a managed package, because some deleted objects are using its recordtypes.  But these deleted objects don't appear in the recycle bin, and any attempt to delete them, undelete them, or update them from Apex gives errors.

Did you find a work around?

When will Salesforce fix this problem?

Help!

Thanks,

Dave Habib

You have to just wait for SF to remove the data from the back end - you can raise a case and request that it is accelerated - they were able to remove it for me within about 4 hours once escalated...
Ali ÖZDENAli ÖZDEN
You need to delete the records from Recycle Bin as well after you delete the records 
Amrit JainAmrit Jain
After removing from Recycle bin facing the same issue. Any other Suggesstions?